Hello to all! I am quite new on Reddit so please forgive if I have made any mistakes. This is a post on my ideas for monsters and bosses, and potential levels for the next Doom installment in this new Doom Trilogy of: Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal.
I've heard that devs of Doom lurk around here and other parts of the internet such as Doom groups on Facebook and such, here's hoping that they see some of my ideas!!
Without further ado, I'm going to list my ideas for the new demons and enemies of future Doom game installments. Bosses and level ideas will come after...
- Centaur- The Centaur will be a half human, half horse hybrid. They will be around the size of a Hell Knight and their attacks is charging the player with their horns similar to what a Pinky does, if they are further away from the Slayer, then they will shoot at him with Argent energy tipped arrows at a quick pace. They will first be encountered in a level within Hell, the way their faces look should be similar to the face of a Marauder.
- Chaingunner- Yes, I believe if ID can bring back the Pain Elemental, Archvile, and the classic designs for the Zombiemen, I believe (and hope) that they will bring back the Chaingunner. He will first show up in an Earth based level (if shit hits the fan on Earth again), and he will be a heavy demon, showing up about as much as Arachnotrons do in Doom Eternal. His bullets will be fired at such a rapid pace that they will push the Slayer back and if he tries to move forward, he will be slowed down. (Think of the minigunners in Infamous 2)
- Locust- The locust will come from a level later in the game as a super heavy demon, based on Abbadon's Locusts. It will be a monstrous hybrid, about as tough as a Tyrant from Doom Eternal, while it isn't very bulky, it is very elusive and fast to dodge your attacks by flying around. It is imperative that you take out the large scorpion stinger on the back, if the Slayer is struck by the stinger, it will cause an extreme amount of damage. Stand too close, it will use mantis like claws to strike at the Slayer. The locust should have a hideous humanoid face with blackened eyes...
- Hell Trooper- These new demons shouldn't be a problem as they will be fodder based, they will be as tall as a Whiplash demon and have a humanoid appearance to them. Two horns curving upward and they will hold a pitchfork styled weapon to attack the Slayer with. However, they have a power that no other fodder demon has, they can summon large demonic rats to attack the Slayer. These demon troopers will summon the demonic rats if they aren't taken out soon enough. A simple two shots from a shotgun should take the skinny demon trooper out.
- Demon Rat- These rats should be Pinky sized demonic rats that will charge and bite at the Slayer with their ugly sharp teeth. Basically has the same attacks of a Pinky too. (The rats should only appear during the presence of Hell Troopers)
- Hell Calvary- This will be another hybrid beast that is in the super heavy category, their front half will be a more lion like appearance and their back half would be of a horse. It will attack you by shooting a stream of fire from it's mouth, strike at you using the claws, or turning around and decking you with a kick with the hooves. If you kill the beast, the demonic rider will hop off and attack you. The rider will be exactly how the hellified soldiers look in the Doom Eternal concept art, the rider will be a mere fodder demon. (Inspired by the 200 million horsemen painting)
- Scorcher- The Scorcher will act similar to how tentacles work in Doom Eternal, these creatures will look like giant obsidian lizard like monsters with glows of magma in the cracks of their skin. They will specifically reside in Hell, popping up from the lava to shoot streams of fire at the Slayer from their hands before going under to recharge the attack.
- Hell Hound- Demonic hairless dogs that are fodder demons, nuff said. Wrinkly and have a piggish snout to them. (Different designs from the wolves in Doom Eternal)
- Hellified Makyr- Hellified Makyrs are essentially Makyr Drones turned into hideous demonic creatures, armor completely stripped from them and now having sickle shaped arms that they use to slash and hack at the Slayer.
(Those are the new demonic enemies that I've created off the top of my head, now we move on to some of the bosses I have in my mind! These will be more descriptive than the enemies btw)
- Belial- Belial is a Hellish Priest that is different from the Order Deag priests. While Nilox, Ranak, and Grav had Sentinel blood within them. Belial is the arch hell priest that practices dark magic and also commands one of the many legions of Hell, he is dressed like a demonic pope and carries around a wicked sceptre.
Belial is very important to the entire story of this Doom Continuity, through codex entries in the next installment, it will be revealed that he was the one who possessed scientists at the UAC to open a portal to Hell during the events of the first Doom, he was also the one responsible for the creation of the Icon of Sin.
During the events of this next installment or future installment, the Slayer hunts down Belial similar to how he chased down Deag Ranak in Doom Eternal. Making his way through Hell until he reaches the level where he finally fights the hellish priest, he will use various magic powers and abilities as attacks.
- Beast of Babel- The Tower of Babel returns (I hope) in the next installment or in a future installment of the series, paying homage to the OG level from classic Doom. The tower is several times taller and bigger than the citadel in Nekravol, ten times taller than it. Once you reach the top, you will enter in a small chamber where four Tyrants are chained against the wall (similar to how the Barons of Hell were chained in the original level)
The Beast of Babel is a gigantic demon, around the height of three Tyrants stacked ontop of each other. This boss fight will have three stages (I'll get to that at the ending of this post), and it should be one of the most epic boss fights in the Doom franchise.
- Charon- Charon is a giant winged skeleton like demon and is the first boss you will encounter (in Hell), you will make your way to a large river of blood known as Styx, and under the Dark Lord's command, Charon will try to stop you from advancing further into Hell. One of his attacks is flapping his wings to throw the Slayer against the wall and during the second stage of the boss fight, he will try to knock you into the river. Charon can conjure fire and demons and he is basically an Archvile on steroids.
- Archdemon Erebus- In the art book of Doom Eternal an Archdemon known as Erebus is revealed, it is said that he serves the Dark Lord. I'd like to see this Archdemon in the next Doom installment or a future installment after the next game. Maybe some other Archdemons as well for bosses!
(That is all the bosses I can think of off of the top of my head, now for the level ideas. This will be the last section of this post)
You will enter into the depths of Hell through the river known as Styx, you will encounter the first Hell Boss in this level, Charon. The first stage of the boss battle ends when you slice off one of the arms of Charon via The Crucible, the arena under the Slayer and Charon crumbles beneath them and they fall onto a large ship. Basically a floating Hell Barge, you finish off Charon on this barge.
The ship is huge and you will spend time traversing through the ship until you reach the upper deck. A lever will be pulled and then the ship will move down the large river of blood, aquatic demons will crawl aboard the ship and fight you as it continues to move further down the river. These aquatic demons will only appear in this level. The end of this level sees the Slayer arrive to the Blood Swamps...
The Blood Swamps is a hellish marsh, instead of purple sludge, red sludge takes the place. Discarded souls that were sent here by Kalibas rise up from the sludge and try to drag him beneath the sludge in attempts to suffocate him like quicksand, thankfully, these are nothing but fodder demons and can easily be shrugged away.
Towards the end of this level, you reach solid ground instead of marsh land full of bloody sludge. The ground is deadly though and will deal damage over time (very slowly) the ground is completely made of thorns and large rusty nails. You can climb on dead trees and escape the dangers of getting hurt, you will face a miniboss at the end, killing him will open up a portal into another location within Hell.
The miniboss is Zozo, he is a bat like demon that can shoot red lightning out from his mouth and teleport around the arena. Zozo can also conjure up spikes that will shoot up from the ground in various areas, upon death, the body of Zozo will slowly float up and burst into a large green portal which the Slayer will enter through.
After traversing through Hell a few levels, you will reach the location known as Babel. A massive Tower of Babel is a huge prominent feature in this level, the entire level is the Slayer slowly making his way up to the top of the tower.
The level will get drastically harder and challenging the more closer the Slayer gets to the top, at the bottom you will face mostly fodder demons and heavy demons, once the Slayer reaches the middle section of the tower, you will face mostly heavy demons and a few fodder that will spawn in to give ammo upon being killed.
Right before the Slayer reaches the top, he will enter a large arena battle filled with super heavy demons, heavy demons, and fodder. A massive mixture between the three categories, once the Slayer rips and tears his way through this arena, he will enter an elevator that will take him to the top and within a chamber. Four levers will be pulled and the walls holding the crucified Tyrants (cyberdemons) will raise up.
This is where you meet the Beast of Babel, a behemoth of a boss that will chase you around the entire top of the tower (which is also a massive arena) the first stage of the battle will end when The Crucible is driven right into the stomach of the beast, causing it to fall right through a wall and plummet to the bottom of the tower.
(This isn't over yet)
The Slayer will go to leave the top of the tower only to get stopped by a force field set up by Belial, two boss fights rolled into one. While Belial remains a boss, it is a time challenge, if time runs out, the Beast of Babel will have climbed back to the top and killed the Slayer. Once Belial is slain, the player will be able to use his scepter to stab it into the eye of the beast, causing it to fall back to the ground for a second time.
The second stage of the boss fight between the Slayer and the Beast of Babel will go similar to how the Icon of Sin boss fight went in Doom Eternal. You will have to make your way to the middle section of the tower and avoid getting smashed by the hands of the Beast, there will be demons distracting you from doing so. Upon reaching the middle section, there will be a cut scene when the tower collapses to the foundation due to constantly getting wailed on by the Beast.
The third and final stage of the boss fight is when the Slayer uses an abandoned Atlan (I hope the large mechs are used in the next game), to fight against the Beast of Babel. Should be an intense and epic showdown until the beast is finally slain...
(So that is all for my new enemy ideas, boss ideas, and level ideas so far. If the devs and producers happen to stumble upon this, please take these ideas into consideration. I'd love to see them in the next game or a future installment. I could post more ideas as they come into my mind.
The Beast of Babel is not the final boss of my hypothetical Doom installment, there will be a few more new demons and bosses before the last boss. The levels are also not in order except for Styx and Blood Swamps. The bosses aren't in order either. If you happen to stumble across these ideas, I hope you enjoyed them. If you didn't drop a comment saying why! Posted under Fan Creation due to ideas and such)