[Tutorial] OTA Update an iPhone 5s/iPad Mini 2/iPad Air from iOS 7.x ->9.x.x (untethered or tethered) to 10.3.3 
Hi! This is a tutorial to update an iOS 7-9 iPhone 5s to iOS 10.3.3 (No Blobs required).
This will likely work with the iPad mini 2 and iPad Air, but steps will be a bit different.
As far as I know, THIS tutorial will not work for DOWNGRADING from iOS 11-12 to 10.3.3. I do have a 5s on iOS 12 so I can try to see if doing something else works.
I used an iPhone 5s that was on iOS 7.1.1 (From the random 2018 signing thing) and my iPhone 8 died, so I decided to try to update to iOS 10.3.3.
If you have an iPhone 5s/iPad mini 2/iPad Air on iOS 7.0.x, (as in 7.0.6 or below AND NOT JAILBROKEN) then SKIP TO STEP 10. What you will need:
NOTE: This will erase all data on your device, so backup your data if you want to preserve.
- An iPhone 5s (preferably on an untethered jailbreak (iOS 7.1.x -> 9.1, but semi-untethered should work fine too) OR iPad mini 2/iPad Air.
- Mac with Windows (You can use VirtualBox, but I used Bootcamp) or a Windows machine.
- iTunes 12.1.1
- Begin with downloading Cydia Eraser and Apple File Conduit 2 from Cydia. (DO NOT USE CYDIA ERASER JUST YET).
- If you’re on a fresh install of Windows, download iTunes 12.1.1, if not on a fresh install, downgrade iTunes to 12.1.1.
- Download iFunbox for Windows.
- Download the SystemVersion.pilist for your iPhone or iPad. [7.0.2 for iPhone, 7.0.3 for iPad]. You are downloading rather than editing because if your format changes, it will get corrupted.
LINK FOR PILIST: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ovcLn8ijQIanyGaQuNBPhc_e4MX9aaCO
- Disable FMI, Touch ID and passcode, log out of iTunes + iCloud. Do leave Wifi enabled, and connect your iOS device to your machine and open up iFunbox. You should see you have access to your iOS device’s filesystem
This next part WILL be confusing, so READ CAREFULLY. Watch a video on how Cydia eraser works so you have a better idea. Basically, Cydia eraser will download original system files from Apple’s servers, and replace them so modified shit from your Jailbreak goes away. You should see “downloading bill of materials” and you will know it is working when a bunch of shit comes up on your device (Cydia eraser did not work at first for me, gave me errors and had to quit the app many times for it to finally work).
CYDIA ERASER VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7ZoCkLFbQ
[If you did not end up on 7.0.2/7.0.3
- Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist on iFunbox. Copy the file to your machine for backup purposes.
- BE READY TO replace the SystemVersion plist file with the one you downloaded.
- Basically, the second real progress bar on Cydia Eraser is when everything is downloading, you will know when that is as 100000 things will come up on display with different files. (Again, watch a video on how Cydia Eraser works so it is clear). The trick is that when the progress bar reaches around 80% (It gives no %, you’ll have to estimate with the line). You have to REPEATEDLY replace the SystemVersion pilist file with the downloaded one, EVERY SECOND, NO STOPPING. You will get a “not enough storage” popup eventually, but keep on going. You don’t want Cydia Eraser to restore the SystemVersion pilist file.
- Your device will then go to the Apple logo with the progress bar, let it be, and pray you replaced the SystemVersion pilist file successfully. Your phone will reboot, set it up etc etc, and you will be taken to the home screen.
*, retry the steps] STEP 10: When your device reboots, you will be left with a fresh install of whatever iOS you were on, except it will display as 7.0.2/7.0.3. However, as soon as it unlocks, it will tell you iOS 12 is available to update to. Heading to software update, you will see you can’t actually update to iOS 12 OTA, and it will ask you to use iTunes to update. However, to get the 10.3.3 OTA. You have to install the original iOS 10 beta profile. I’m not sure I can post links to it, but it won’t be hard to find. When you try to install the profile, you will be greeted with a “Safari cannot install the profile due to an unknown error”. Without quitting safari from the app switcher, head to settings, and change your date to August 31st 2017. And head back to Safari, and the profile should install. Your phone will ask you to reboot, do so, and after rebooting, you will see iOS 10.3.3 is available as an OTA update. Clicking download just there will either fail, or will request the update but nothing will actually happen. To make it work, change your date back to current time, WITHOUT exiting settings or rebooting, and click download. After some time, you phone will start downloading 10.3.3 OTA, and will update :-).
submitted by Macintoshk
[Question] Other ways to install IPA files?
I'm using an ipad 4 with 10.3.3 iOS. I've had some success sideloading IPA files through Cydia Impactor. But some files I keep getting stuck on "verifying application" or other random errors that cause crashing. I've tried using iFunBox to install IPA files, but it errors as well (even IPA files that work through cydia).
Are there any other ways to install IPA files? I've tried troubleshooting Cydia for the one-off errors to no avail.
submitted by drumxkorp