Need a “RGB-less” Video Editing (Premiere Pro) & Gaming PC
November of 2011 - my last PC build. I was an avid PC builder for 15+ years before that, but moved over the the dark side (MacOS) for work & consoles for play.
So much has changed! It seems the days of the clean, no frills, minimal RGB gaming builds is of the past, however I want the cleanest PC build possible with as little RGB lighting as I can get away with.
We have recently moved over the Premiere Pro and After Effects for our video editing, and will be needing to use Windows 10 once again (we hate Bootcamp).
So, first of all I’m thankful to discover this “buildapc” Reddit because I was really struggling to come up with a plan for this build. I will share with you some of the parts I’ve been considering and hopefully you can give me some feedback.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x.
- MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master.
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 32 GB) 3200
- Video Card: Gigabyte GF RTX 2080 Super 8GB
- Hard Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 GB M.2 NVMe (I own this SSD, but will add a second NVMe in the other slot)
- Cooling: I keep going back and forth because I was always accustomed to air cooling the CPU, but it seems there are some great AIO options - unfortunately most are out of stock. I saw some good reviews of the Noctua NH-U12A on the air cooled side - but I am sorta leaning toward water cooling for the first time.
I’m at a loss with picking the right case, I saw some good reviews of the Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh - I like the look with the exception of the front RGB. The airflow in this case looks great. But I’m wondering if there’s just no really good cases that don’t have RGB. I just don’t want someone coming into the office and seeing all the RGB’s.
So, to level with you all - I’ve come really close to just springing for an Alienware just because I’m so out of practice of building PC’s and I’ve been tempted to take the easy way out. But, I just hope maybe I can get some help here to give me some confidence that I’m making the right choices. My budget is around $2500-$2700 (maybe more if absolutely necessary) - I will purchase a monitor separately at a later point, so don’t worry about monitor selection.
Thank you in advance, and if I need to provide more info I’ll do so ASAP.
submitted by SanfordSeven